Former Feelings Stress Guy Out

Dear Dee:
I'm in Junior High, and I like this guy. He is so sweet, funny, smart, and cute. We even dated for about three weeks but then he told me he just wanted to 'be friends'.

I still have feelings for him. And every time I bring up the subject he seems to get really stressed out. The fact he might love another girl still bothers me. It's hard to move on and I doubt I'll meet someone as wonderful as him. What should I do?


Nothing turns off a guy more than a girl who seems desperate. And you, bringing up your feelings to him after he's made his known to you is doing just that.

If you want to have any chance at rekindling the flame, you've got to play it cool! Keep your distance if you have to, bite your tongue until it bleeds -- but stop trying to drudge up the past with him if you want any chance at having a future that involves more than friendship (and hey, you could even lose that if it ends up annoying him).

Even if it is painful, you've got to put on an 'I don't care who you date' face. You can't let him know he hurt you and you still care. Right now, he's not receptive to that and it aggravates him. So do your best to get through it.

Also realize there are tons of guys out there who'd love to date you. Do you really want to waste your time on a guy who doesn't know what a good thing is? I know it's hard, but you do deserve better and you deserve to have your feelings returned -- NOT stress someone out. Get through this heartache and move on. And the best way to move on might just be to nix this friendship -- it sounds like the only person it benefits is him as seeing him with someone new hurts you.

Really, you don't deserve this. But whether you decide to stay friends and try to get him interested again or you decide to move on, backing off is the one solution to both scenarios.

No comments: