Friend Gets Taste of Own Medicine ... YUCK

Dear Dee:
I have a good friend but she is always on and off with friends. One day she will be my friend and then the next day she will be another girl's friend and leave me out. Now nobody likes her and everybody is leaving her out and she is hanging out with the nerds. I kinda feel sorry for her. What should I do?


I guess you've just given a perfect example of 'what goes around, comes around' ... right? Right!

Well, first off -- you're a much better friend to this girl then she's ever been to you. But maybe that will change now that she's experienced how she's treated others.

Whether or not you accept her back into your circle of friends is entirely up to you. You need to think about whether or not you value her friendship (when she was actually paying attention to you and whether or not you're willing to accept her even if she hasn't changed. I'd wager you'd know pretty fast if she's learned her lesson.

But let me say this: Don't decide not to like her just because no one else does. If you decide you want to give her a chance, do it and be proud of the fact you're going against the grain.

Now, if you decide you don't want to try to become great friends with this girl again, that's OK, too. But maybe to ease how you're feeling, it would be good to talk to her every now and then just to show her a kindness and to convey there aren't any hard feelings. Being kind to someone when they're down and out is ALWAYS appreciated and a good thing ...

No comments: