He's Shifty & He Likes Me ... Yikes!

Dear Dee:
OK. So I'm kind of new at this whole asking for advice thing because I usually can handle my own problems. But I'm kind of in a pickle.

You see, there's this boy who is in the 8th grade. I am in the 7th. Tonight he told me he liked me and now things are all awkward between us and I don’t know if I like him back.

He's nice and all but is kind of shifty sometimes. And, he isn’t the cutest guy either. I mean looks aren’t everything to me, but they do matter. My friends don’t like him either. I don’t know what to do.


Hey, I give you props for trying something new … Thanks for giving me a chance!

You know what … I think you actually DO know whether you like this guy … and the answer is … you don’t. It seems pretty obvious to me. He’s your friend but there things about him that have you keeping your guard up. For instance: Him being shifty. This tells me you know you can’t trust him and he’s rather unreliable. You don’t need that.

So your choices are to either let him down gently and try to maintain your friendship or wise up and stop hanging out with a ‘shifty’ person … because seriously … should you be?

I think not …

No comments: