We're Back Together, But Not 'Everywhere'

Dear Dee:
So I have dated this guy for over a over year now. I started to crush on another guy and so I wanted to break up and play the field. Well I found the break was bad because I really don't want to date other guys anymore.

So my bf and I got back together outside of school. It's gotten tough and I want to make it official everywhere but he refuses even though he just wants to be with me as well.

You're lucky he took you back when you decided to change your mind. That in itself shows he cares about you. But you do need to get to the bottom of why this guy doesn't want to be your official boyfriend 'everywhere.' Is he ashamed of you? Is he embarrassed that he took you back or is he lying to you about everything?

Get to the bottom of that, and more than likely this rocky relationship will smooth out.

There could be some hidden hostility about the break up he's not telling you about or maybe he doesn't want to let everyone know you're back together until he's certain of it himself (which is kind of lame, btw). Do cut him a little slack, BUT don't be content to be the girlfriend no one knows about. That'll just lead to trouble down the road.


No comments: