Guy Who's 'Like a Brother' Might Want More

I have an uneasy situation.
There's a guy who is just like a brother to me. I rarely talk to him because I feel a little shy with boys.
The other day, he and his friends decided to have dinner at our house for the whole family. I was invited. All of his friends and his brother kept teasing him and saying he liked me.
He acted strangely that day -- it seemed like he dressed differently, too -- like he was careful to dress really nice. After dinner, we decided to sing songs. He chose a song that means, in English, ' I will stop everything just to be with you.
My sister thinks something is going on, too. In fact, she seems mad about it.
I don't feel anything like that towards him. Why can't he just be a good brother to me, and that's it? This is making my heart ache and my headache. I don't want to be miserable wondering how he feels and if it will ruin what we already have.


I am hoping, in all the editing I got your question right up here. What country are you from? I am thrilled to have international readers!

So, the basic problem is: there's this guy, who is like a brother to you -- and has been forever. But now you think he has romantic feelings for you and you're not sure you want to go there because it might ruin what you have already. And, you're not even sure if you can or would like him in any other way BUT as a big brother, right?

Well, you need to go with your instincts here. If you value this guy as a part of your family and you don't think of him romantically, then don't entertain the thought. Don't jeopardize what you already have.

Now if his behavior continues to indicate he has stronger feelings for you, you may have to talk to him and let him know where you stand. And if you have to do that, be gentle. Be deliberate and make sure to let him know how important he is to you -- as a brother -- as a family member -- as someone you can count on.

There may be people in your family who push you towards this relationship, but remember it's your feelings that count here. Don't do something because your family wants you to. Don't let anyone force you into a relationship. You know how you feel so stand by it.

Things may be a little awkward for awhile, but work through it and be patient. It'll all work out.

1 comment:

FEROMONAS said...

Guys always want more. we are guys