Thanks, Katy Perry ... Your Song Did It Again

I am 14 and I am bi-curious.
I have known for a few years now. No one knows except my closest friends. Well of course, there is a girl. We have been best friends for 2 years now. I finally got the courage to tell her I am bi-curious. I'm sure she has always known.

Well, a few days later, she told me she liked me. I cannot tell you how happy I was. But she had a boyfriend at the time, which confused me more. She told me I came first no matter what. She told me she wanted to kiss me. (though she still had a boyfriend). Well, she came over and we kissed. Weeks passed and we couldn't see each other because she was grounded. But every time I saw her at school, she would always be with her boyfriend and not even leave him for a second.

We got in a huge fight that lasted about a week. I told her she blew me off. And she lied to me when she said I came first. I know this sounds very selfish, but even if I didn't have a crush on her, it would still hurt because she is my best friend. We finally made up and she came over a few days ago. She told me she probably wouldn't even date a girl. And she said she is straight. and it's understandable, I mean it's high school.

But now she is faking with me as well. I don't know what to do. She told me I was the only girl she wanted to date, and now a few weeks passed and she doesn't like me at all in that way.

Any advice?

Thanks to Katy Perry, a lot of girls are jumping on the 'I kissed a girl and I liked it ... I hope my boyfriend don't mind it' bandwagon. And while the tune is, I'll admit really fun to listen to (totally have it on my iPod) -- acting out the lyrics can leave true heartache in its wake. So, Thanks Katy ... too bad you're not around to offer advice.

There is no question whatsoever about your friend -- she totally jerked you around. She took your very vulnerable state, decided to experiment and totally played you. Some friend, huh?

But I do have to say I can't believe you fell for it. You already knew she had a boyfriend. So you kinda asked to be hurt here.

So what now? Well, one thing stands out -- the way this chick is acting now, shows she's not a very good friend and only cares about herself. She shouldn't be in a relationship with anyone -- guy, girl or whatever -- because she can't face the consequences of her own actions. And as Hermione Granger from Harry Potter she has the 'emotional maturity of a teaspoon.'

How are you going to deal with this? Well, hopefully better than your so-called friend. Face it head on and get over it. She was your friend. She screwed you over and while it hurts, you've got to move on.

So what do you do now? Well, first off -- figure out who you are. Figure out what you want. And most of all, realize what you do has consequences and you are making choices right now that will define you as a person. Being 14 is hard enough without throwing all this other stuff into it. So take a step back and try to enjoy life. Sure there is pain along the way and there are choices to make. But don't jump into things. You've got time.

No comments: