Cocky Guy's Signals Hard to Decipher

Dear Dee:
There's a really hot guy I like, but I don't know how he feels about me because I'm having difficulty deciphering his actions as flirting or not.

I know he's overly confident, to the point of being cocky at times,(which I think is a front to an extent because he isn't very tall) but I don't know if that would make him act more bold, or uninterested.

Could you help me with your input?


Yeah. Guy speak can be difficult to get a handle on, but if you're really stumped by it, then it's a good idea to just let it go for awhile.

Anyway, you admit above you think he's overly confident and cocky ... and my experience is this type of guy doesn't make a great boyfriend because he always wants to be the center of attention vs. giving his girl the attention she needs. Relationships are two-way streets and you don't need to be bending over backwards to service his ego.

So think about it, OK? Then, take a break from overly analyzing him. Try to look at what he does and the way he acts with your eyes wide open and get a sense of his personality and how he treats people.

Then, if you're still interested, start to find out if he's interested in a relationship. I think in this case, getting to know him first and observing his personality is a very smart step before you try to jump into anything.

No comments: