A Love Triangle in the Making

Dear Dee:
I live in this really really small town and have super amazing friends!

But I was at a party the other day and the guy who is like my brother told his best friend (my crush) he likes me! I haven't told my crush I like him. I know I have to tell the guy who likes me that he is like my brother and that is all he'll ever be, but I don't know how to without either hurting him or making things super awkward between us! And I kinda want to tell the guy I like, I like him but he can't date yet and honestly I can't see myself with any guy other than him!


This isn't a mess yet. And there are two ways to look at it. The first, being you received this info about your guy-friend liking you, secondhand. So you can wait for him to actually say something to you himself or you can take the second option and be proactive.

As your friend, you probably confide in him, right? Have you talked to him about your crush? Have you told him you value his friendship and think of him as a brother? Talking to him is always going to be the best way to make sure things are straight between the two of you. And you know, it probably will be awkward but if you work through it instead of backing off, you can salvage your friendship. Just stay true to your feelings and your friendship.

Now about your crush ... should you tell him? Well, that's up to you. You know him and you probably have a sense of how he'll respond. So maybe you should just go from there.

1 comment:

christian said...

If I were you, you should tell your crush the truth.. at least you will know what he gonna answer for you?.christian women