They're Getting Guys, I'm Not ... Help

Dear Dee:
All of my friends seem to be getting attention from boys. It's always, 'he wants to ask me out!' Or, he said 'he really liked me!'


I'm short, but I have always been called cute and adorable by my peers ... but apparently guys dont like that? All of the high school boys seem to go after the girls wearing tons of makeup or the ones that seem fake. I just have esteem issues right now. Do I just play it cool until the right guy comes along?

Yeah. That's exactly what you do -- but it's easier said than done, right? Believe me. I totally know it.

Be yourself. Dont' change yourself to try to catch a guy -- and remember, while your peers are constantly talking about who likes whom or whatever, sometimes they're flat out lying! That's just the truth of it. All of us girls are insecure. It's like the best kept secret among females. We can walk confident, talk confident but deep down, we're all scared and insecure.

So while you're feeling it pretty deep right now, don't show it. Keep your head up. Strut your stuff, go about your business and see what happens. Don't feel threatened or inferior to those other makeup-caked girls -- make strides to show off your beauty -- like only you can. Maybe even step out of your comfort zone a little and talk to a few guys.

Bottom line is don't let these girls phase you and just be yourself. He'll come along ... or if you're really lucky, a whole bunch of em will come along!

No comments: