Crushing on All 3 of the BFF's Brothers

Dear Dee:
My best friend has three brothers- 12, 17, and 18. I am 15.

At first, I really liked the 18 year old one - he is so sweet, funny, kind, and caring. Then there is the 17 -year-old. He is all of those too - but he is more shy. Then there is the 12 year old. He was like a little brother to me. Until I slept over at my friends house recently. He was sooooo kind to me. And always trying to get my attention. Wanting me to watch him play his video games, making me a special drink, wanting me to watch videos on his iPod with him.

And then he got mad at my friend when she was driving her golf cart. She was driving super fast, and I almost flew off of it since I was in the back. He was in the golf cart behind us, and he started yelling at her. It was kind of sweet. He also did a lot of other REALLY sweet things. But I don't know what to do! I think I really like him, but isn't it wrong for a 15-year-old to like a 12-year-old?! I really need help Dee.

How does your friend feel about you crushing on her brothers? Not just one, but literally all three at different times. Is she really OK with that? (And are you OK with how fickle you're being?) Do you really even know what you're looking in a boyfriend?

My first thought is to say your best friend's brothers are off limits. Dating a friend's sibling can bring really hurt a friendship. And, since you've at one time, liked each one of the boys, it's probably a good indicator you'd change your mind again -- this time, the little brother could get hurt. And remember, blood is thicker than water. If your best friend and her brother are close, she'd probably take his side and your friendship would be rocky at best.

It is most definitely sweet he was sticking up for you and being so kind when you were over at your your friend's house. He was obviously trying to impress you and get you to like him, but the reality a 15-year-old would actually date a 12-year-old is kind of a social killer, isn't it? I mean, it's great for him, but what about you?

Are you ready to take the hit for it and withstand the teasing? If you are, and you're really willing to put your friendship on the line and possibly hurt this kid in the long-run, then go ahead. (Did I already say I don't think it's a good idea? I really, really don't.) But maybe you should just pass on this one (and don't revert to crushing on the other two brothers) and find someone a little more safe, OK?

No comments: