Dee's Birthday: Let's Post Thank You's!

Today is my birthday. And, we're really never too old to absolutely love our birthdays. And, for me, one of the things that makes a birthday a little more bearable is being able to read how my experiences, advice and other life experiences have helped others. So, before I answer any questions today, I wanted to publish a few viewer responses. It makes me feel good ... and hey, it's my birthday ...

Thanks for the advice Dee!
It really helped! And don't worry, when I'm on TV, you'll be the first person I give a signed autograph to :).

*****
Dear Dee:
When you posted my response, I was very mad. I thought you were kind of mean and a little too harsh on me and my boyfriend. But I guess the things you said stuck with me, because I started looking at the way he treated me differently and I got exactly what you were saying. He wasn't treating me like I deserved. He was a jerk. And he really, really didn't deserve me.

I've broken up with him and am in such a happier place now. I had never thought of things in that way before. Thank you.

*****
Dear Dee:
I wrote to you on a dare from my best friend. Her and I were talking about some guy and she said 'you should write that advice person and see what she thinks, I dare you.' While I wrote you the email, we laughed and joked around -- we never thought we'd get anything out of it. Actually, we didn't even think you'd respond. But you did.

My friend is standing here with me now, and I think we are two of your biggest fans. Do you have any t-shirts or anything? We want to tell everyone how much we love reading your blog and how smart you are. Really, you're an inspiration and we love how you tell it like it is.

*****
Dear Dee:
I felt really stupid writing to you. Guys don't really write to into people for advice. But I did feel so desperate. I really really liked this girl but didn't know how to act around her. You told me how important it is to be myself and to have her like me for me. I see so many of my friends try to 'play' girls by telling them lies. But you also told me how important it is to be a good guy. I think I have taken that to heart. My mom has always told me she wants me to be a 'good boy' but hearing it from a stranger seemed to drive it home. Good guys do win ... and thank you for helping me understand how important it is.

*****
Dear Dee:
I have never written to you before, but I do love reading each and every post. I even spent one evening reading all your archives. I laughed, I cried a little and I learned. Thank you!

No comments: