Parents: They're Good For What Ails Ya

Dear Dee:
I love reading your advice, it helps a lot of people, other than me. And when kids ask me questions similar to other questions you've answered, it helps them to talk to a friend, rather than their parents. Thank you!

Hey thank you so much for writing in! I love hearing from my readers and especially love knowing I can help you every now and then! But hey, don't short-suit talking to your parents. They're pretty smart and can help you out -- trust them with your problems, too ... they might just surprise you and give you some excellent advice. Remember, your parents can't help you fix a problem if you don't talk to them about it. Keep them informed. Keep talking to them. This will not only make you feel better, but it will also go a long way in helping you keep their trust.

Keep reading ... and keep writing!

No comments: