A Not-So-Immaculate Conception? Seriously?

Dear Dee:
My best friend told me she had to tell me something today during one of my classes. My best friend's exact words were, 'I could very possibly be pregnant.'


My friend has been steady with this guy for about 5 years. She said they haven't had sex, but she's afraid that while they were fooling around, some sperm might've made contact with her.

One, I don't know if she's lying to me because I am a strict Christian who hasn't taken off her purity ring for six years and two, is that even possible?

This is not directed at you at all. Really. It's not. So, please print this out and give it to your friend ... Anyone who doesn't understand how babies are made and who has to ask this type of question has no business getting anywhere near a guy's penis. Sorry! But that's just how it is.

It is not impossible to get pregnant this way, but not really that likely. Remember that millions of sperm are released in the 'traditional' way of making babies -- and only 1 usually makes it through to get someone pregnant. It's not likely he had a large amount on his hands when they were fooling around ... Tell your friend her likelihood of being pregnant is low -- and if she is pregnant, she must have the worst luck ever. Geez ... my head is still spinning from the stupidity. Ugh ...

Hey, congrats to you for being smart, being committed to purity and for trying to help your friend. Here's to hoping some of your behavior will rub off on her ...

No comments: