For Now, Friendship Will Have to Do

Dear Dee:
I like a boy a lot. He knows I like him and he told me he likes me, too. But for now he just wanted to be friends and see where it takes us. I don't know what to do though because I think he is computer dating. What should I do? Should I just forget about him or should I just wait?

I don't think this guy seems entirely silly by telling you he likes you and wants to see where friendship takes you. I can see how that might come off as him putting you down gently, but hey he could really mean that he just wants to get to know you better before getting involved. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that (actually, it's quite smart).

So, I'd get to know this guy, see what he's made of. Upon closer examination you may find being friends is best -- that he's not your type of boyfriend material. And all you've done by investing some time and energy into a friendship is acquired a new friend -- and that's always a good thing.

Since I am not sure how he said this to you, how long you've known him or any of the particulars, if you think he's just letting you down gently, then go with your gut and move on. I am not quite sure what you mean about computer dating -- in all actuality, he's probably not old enough -- so anything he's doing online, he's having to lie to do.

No comments: