Two Girls, One Guy & a Guilty Conscience

Dear Dee:
OK so I'm leaving this one girl who's a bit wacky but pretty fun to be around. But nothing happens! I can't even hold hands with her. She's kind of afraid of guys -- even me -- and she's really confusing and a lot of other things.

There's this other girl I know ( I'm going to make her sound dreamy if i describe her so I'll just say I really like her). Anyway, she's the first girl I have ever thought of as someone I would really like to be around for long periods of time. Plus she's the first girl I ever made out with. I feel bad because it feels like I am cheating on the first girl, but we're not really going out.

I'm not sure what I'm asking. I guess it's just good to be telling someone. I can't talk about these things with my parents. So thanks for reading this and sorry if I wasted your time.


Well, please don't base the fact you want to switch girls on the fact 'nothing happens' with the first girl. You said yourself she seems to be afraid of guys. You never know what she's been through and what she's dealing with. So please don't chalk up your experience with her as a failure. There's probably a lot more to it than you know.

Now, let me tell you something you probably don't want to hear: If hanging out with this 'dream' girl makes you feel like you're cheating on the not-so-dream girl, then you are. Your conscience is your guide here! Don't brush it off and don't try to validate what you're doing when something inside you is telling you you're wrong. Just take care of it.

Talk to the first girl and tell her you're only interested in friendship. Make things right with her before jumping into this other relationship. By doing that, you're showing you respect your past and present relationships and you know how to do things right.

And hey, you're totally not wasting my time. After all, I wouldn't have a column without readers like you and I am very very happy to help in any way I can. Please let me know how things pan out, OK?

No comments: