Texting Boyfriend Plays Hot & Cold

Dear Dee:
I'm 13 years old and there's this boy I really like and I know he likes me because he told
me. He left our school at the end of the sixth grade. While he was gone, we texted each other love notes.

Now, it's the end of the seventh grade and were going off to the eighth. I want to ask him why he's been acting so weird with me since he came back. I get mad when I see him flirting with other girls, too.

It's not like he doesn't like me anymore because he told one of my friends he still does. He just won't say he likes me around his friends. My dad told me at this age, boys really care what their friends think and I don't know what to do!

Your dad is totally right. And if this kid doesn't have enough smarts to treat you right in and out of the spotlight, then you don't need him. It also proves he's not boyfriend material.

And while I am sure it's eating at you to have him treat you this way, or to watch him flirt with other girls, the best thing you can do is act like it doesn't bother you. Guys, even stupid ones, don't like clingy girls and they really don't like it when girls act desperate. So, play it cool and see how he reacts. If he doesn't react at all, move on. There are tons of other guys out there. And if he does respond and shapes up, make sure you make him treat you right. You're young, but you still know what it means to be treated well.

No comments: