Parents Cut Rendezvous Short -- Boy FREAKS

Dear Dee:
Well this is my first time writing to you and I have a problem. There's this boy a year older than me, and we've known each other from afar since elementary school. We’ve been talking like a couple would, recently.

And well, one day my parents were going out so invited him over,And he came, and well we did stuff, but not sex. And when we were, he heard the garage open and I rushed him upstairs and distracted my parents and went back to see him. I let him out of the house.

But he texted me two hours later saying that I'm really nice and everything, but I wasn’t what he expected. He also said he didn’t want it to end or anything, but what happened in my house scared him. I don’t know what to do. I'm hurt and confused. Do I stop talking to him? Please help me.

OK. So sneaking this guy into your house was a really, really bad idea. You see that, right? Right. So now that's established, it is totally normal for what you and this guy experienced to totally freak him out and for him to shy away from wanting to hang out with you.

What I don't like though is him saying you weren't 'what he expected.' What does that mean? To me, it reads shallow and insensitive. So, really. Try to get over this one. His comment is disgusting to me, because all a person can read into that is that he didn't get all he wanted out of the 'date.'

Hold on though. You're not blameless here. You snuck a guy into your house, fooled around with him then threw him out the window when your parents came home. Your actions prove you are not as responsible as you should be and you don't quite think things through. This relationship might've worked out if you'd just taken your time and not planned a secret, parent-interrupted rendezvous.

Try to take things slow next time. Let this be a lesson to you to think through situations, scenarios and to make smart choices. I know it hurts right now, but it will get better. And I know you'll handle relationships better in the future. (Right?)

No comments: