Forget Crush or Become 'Hoochie Momma'?

Dear Dee:
This guy at school has been my crush forever. But whenever I ask him out, I keep getting shot down. My friends say two different things: Forget him or be a total hoochie mama and dress in mini skirts and tank tops!

It makes me feel pressured and self-conscious. I'm so confused. I don't know what to do. I want him , but I don't want to be known as the s-l-u-t of the school. please help.

Most definitely do not go down the path suggested by your 'be a hoochie momma' friends. That's the worst advice I think I've ever heard. You should never, ever change yourself (for the worse) to get a guy. You need to respect yourself and your values.

Maybe you should just stop trying so hard. You said you keep asking him out and he shoots you down. So, how about you lay off for awhile and maybe he'll change his mind. Sometimes, guys like a little challenge and if a girl comes on a little too strong, they shy away.

BUT, if you think the reason this guy's not into you is because you're not a ... um ... hoochie momma, then hey wake up and realize he's not the kind of guy you want to be with. Guys like that only cause heartache and regret ... both of which you don't need right now.

Bottom line, honey. Be yourself. Don't try so hard and ... decide if he's really the kind of guy you want to hang with.

No comments: