Amazing Guy Moves On To Another Girl

Dear Dee:
I used to date this amazing guy. But then a month later, he said he just wanted to be friends. Then about a week later, he started going out with another girl. I burst into tears when he told me.

I still have feelings for him, and whenever I mention it, he feels like a jerk and gets really stressed out. I just want him to be happy. But he is the most amazing guy I've ever met and I doubt I'll ever meet someone as wonderful as him.


I promise you, you WILL meet someone better than him. I mean, how wonderful can he be? He totally let you go!

I am sorry to say it, but this guy is gone and has moved on to another girlfriend. Respect that, just as you would want an ex to respect you and your boyfriend if you were in a relationship. I don't think you'd appreciate an ex girlfriend spouting off revelations that she still had feelings for your guy. It's just kinda not cool to do that. Respect their relationship. Be his friend and hey, you never know what'll happen.

Guys really don't like it when girls kinda 'throw' themselves at them. And that's what you're doing by sharing the fact you're still head over heels for him. Step back and back off. Don't let him have that kind of control over you. Let your feelings be a mystery ... don't advertise it. And if he does regain interest, then you can gauge when you can let go. ... but don't appear clingy or over anxious. Play it cool.

I am sorry you're hurting. And I know hearing what I advise is a little harsh. But one of the biggest mistakes us girls make is seeming desperate. I've done it myself ... and I most definitely learned from my mistakes for my future relationships. Hope you do, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im a guy myself and that guys has moved on and u can find some1 so much better than him and i know a lot of guys that are better like me.

african girl said...

Dee is absolutely right! How can you say that he is the most amazing guy you ever met if he can't even keep you for long and lasting relationship? You have to move on and find someone who is worth loving. I know that someone better will come.