Former Friends Fight Online

Dear Dee:
My friend has been ignoring me and treating me like I'm no one because she has found new friends. Since then, I have been lonely. Now, I have a different best friend and now she thinks I ignore her. Now we're fighting on the Internet. What should I do?


Look, she ditched you. And now that you've moved on, she wants to be your friend again. You've got to decide if you want to mess with a person who cast you aside when it suited her and who comes crawling back after you've healed and made new friends.

So instead of wasting your time bickering online, how about you just block her screenname from your buddy list, block her emails and enjoy your new friends! Friends grow apart all the time. And it sounds like this is exactly what happened here.

Now, if part of you wants to give her a second chance, then go right ahead. Maybe she won't dump you again -- but I don't know ... it sounds like it was painful and lonely for you the first time -- and only you know if she's the type of friend who's worth giving a second chance. Just be careful. I'd hate for you to get burned twice.

No comments: