He Treats Me Differently In School & Out

Dear Dee:
I heard from a friend of mine my boyfriend is breaking up with me. What do I do? It could just be a rumor, but when we're out of school it's like we're dating but in school it's different. He doesn't know how to act. WHAT DO I DO?


I wouldn't be too jazzed about being treated one way around the school crowd and another outside it. This is a little fishy and totally not the way a good boyfriend should act.

So, you heard these rumors, his behavior's a little weird ... You need to have a talk with this guy. You need to let him know you heard these rumors and he needs to be a man and tell you the truth -- does he want to break up or not?

If the answer is that he doesn't want to break up, tell him he needs to work on how he treats you -- that you deserve to be treated with respect in school and out of school. And that you like him, he likes you and there's nothing to be ashamed of.

And if he DOES want to break up, just say OK and walk off. Be strong. Remember, you had to drag it out of him -- so you totally have the upper hand here. He didn't even have the guts to tell you without YOU asking! So be cool with it, even though it hurts. Don't let this hurt your self-confidence and keep your head up. I promise it will all be OK.

No comments: