Just One of the Guys?

Dear Dee:
Almost every guy I know keeps calling me a guy and I am a girl. What should I do? And if your advice is to ignore them, I tried that and it didn't work.

Well, you are so totally wrong! My advice isn't to just ignore them. Ha!

Since I don't know what about your appearance is causing the guys to think you're a guy -- it is kind of hard for me to give you ideas. But I would say the most important thing here is to try to look and act more like a girl.

Now, if you're a tomboy, you can most definitely still be a tomboy and make your appearance a little more feminine. Play off your great features. Maybe the style you've chosen doesn't accentuate your tiny waste or beautiful eyes. Find something you love about yourself and show it off -- and you can do this and still keep your own style, flare and fashion.

Also, take a critical eye to your actions, the way you talk and your overall attitude. What can you take that's uniquely feminine and make your own?

I'd say it would be pretty cool for you to get with some friends, your mom or a way cool female you trust and go have a makeover day ... hey, it sure can't hurt ... and you just might find that looking like a girl will get those guys thinking about you in a whole new way ...

No comments: