Time's Running Out: Do I Ask Him?

Dear Dee:
I like this guy. We flirt and are kind of friends. He knows I like him, but I don't know if he likes me back. What do I do? Do I ask him out or just do nothing? I am in eighth grade next year and he is going to a different school. So I am not going to see him again. I don't know what I should do. Help me.


If you already know you're not going to see him again because you're going to different schools, does it make sense for you to try to date him? I'm just sayin' ... it's hard enough to have a relationship when you're in the same school. Seems like this one might just be too difficult to actually get off the ground. That's up to you to decide, though.

You've said he already knows you like him. So, you could most definitely ask him out but if he hasn't made any move to ask you out, I kind of wonder if his feelings aren't quite as strong as yours. Only you know how he acts around you and the signals his actions give off. Think about it.

Maybe this relationship will work out or maybe you guys will just be friends. Either way, don't sweat it. If you feel pressured to make a move now or miss your chance, it might be better to step back and see what'll happen if you're not 100 percent ready. Don't rush it. As an eighth-grader, you've got tons of time ... and tons of new guys to scope! ... Wow ... enjoy that, K?

No comments: