He's Out of My Reach & It Hurts

Dear Dee:
I'm in love with a guy that I'll never be with! What should I do? It's killing me!


Wish I knew the reasons you're convinced you'll never be with this guy -- it makes it kind of hard to answer, not knowing ...

But, without that information, I'd inclined to let you know that ... we all do this at one point in our lives ... fall for the guy we can't have because he's too old, too far away or just plain wrong for us. Knowing all of this -- that we can't be with the guy -- doesn't make the pain any easier, but it should be slightly consoling to know that you are making the right decision here. That being with this person is not the right choice and one day, you will find the person who is right for you.

Now if you're saying you can't be with this guy because of a popularity thing because you think he will never notice you, I have two things to say ... First, stop feeling sorry for yourself and if you're serious, make something happen. Make a move, talk to him and see if there's any interest. Secondly, if you've already kinda put your toes in the water and he's turned you down, realize that pining over him is a waste of your time and energy -- and he's just not worth it (if he's so 'class' conscious).

I know none of this makes your pain go away -- but I do hope that by reading it, you'll get a little comfort in knowing that there are lessons to be learned and tons of love to look forward to. Remember, you deserve to find someone who will like you for who you are and for all that you are ... and you should NEVER settle for anything less.


No comments: