Really, They're Cheaters Disguised As Friends

Dear Dee:
These girls I know are friends with me, but I think they only like me because I don't get mad at them when they copy my homework. It also seems like they deliberately date the guys I like. What should I do? Should I still be their friend?


These girls are most definitely NOT your friends. They are using you -- and frankly, it's because you're a doormat. And you need to stop.

Stand up for yourself and for what you know is right. You know it's bad to cheat. You know you can get into a lot of trouble for letting these girls cheat off of you. So, next time they ask to see your homework and want you to give them the answers, just tell them you can't. And while it will be hard, you'll be doing the right thing.

If these girls choose not to associate with you anymore because you've told them to actually do their own work, then that's their loss. But maybe, just maybe, you telling them they need to do their own work will make them realize that very same thing. See, it's easier to do wrong when everyone is going along with it. But sometimes it just takes one voice of descent to say 'I'm gonna do what's right' to make the whole group change their tune. This is what I hope happens here.

If not, keep your head up and don't lose hope. You will find better friends who are more deserving of you and what you have to bring to the friendship. I promise you that.

No comments: