BFF's Got a Boyfriend & Is Ignoring Me

Dear Dee:
One of my best friends recently got a boyfriend. I don't know if I'm jealous, but I am kind of mad. I might be mad just because she doesn't really hang out with me and her "old" friends anymore. What can I do to get over this?


Some would say get a boyfriend of your own ... but actually, I don't like to tell people to find another person to fix their issues. So, before you run out and find a guy, let's work on YOU.

It most definitely is hard to go from spending tons of time with your BFF to spending literally ZERO when they find a boyfriend. But this pretty much always happens. (Hey, it even happened to Hannah Montana and Lilly ...yep. I watch Disney Channel.). So, whenever your friend's schedule allows, try to spend time with her. And don't be afraid to tell her she's ignoring you. It's actually OK to let her know you're hurt she's not paying attention to you. If she's really a great friend, which I imagine she is, she'll be cool about it (As long as you don't accuse her and approach her nicely ...).

Also, it might be cool to just ride this out, too. Most relationships start out where the couple spend all their time together then it kinda wears off ... or they break up. I always like to say boyfriends come and go and but awesome BFFs stay around pretty much forever.

No comments: