I Just Don't Know What to Say

Dear Dee:
My friends come to me for advice all the time. Some things I can relate to and help them with, and the other times I have no idea what to say to them. I really like helping my friends out, but I don't know what to say to them. Can you please help me?


You don't always have to have GREAT words of wisdom to give your friends. You don't always have to have the right answers. ... Because most of the time, your friends just need you there to listen and tell them it'll all be OK.

It's great you want to give advice but don't feel obligated to always come up with a solution for every problem they encounter! I get hundreds of emails a day -- and I actually have to remind myself I can't possibly answer them all. You help who you can, when you can and then listen and pray for the rest. Seriously! I suggest you do the same thing.

Your friends come to you because they trust you and admire you for always being there for them. And you know what? They do that because you listen to them AND you care. So just keep it up. And hey, when you're ready to look for a job give me a buzz ... I might need some help on 'Dear Dee'!

No comments: