Everyone's Mad at Me ... Is He?

Dear Dee:
I have had many boyfriends this year and now everyone is mad at me. I really like this guy and I think he could be the one, but I am too shy to talk to him because he could be the same as everyone else. What should I do?


If you say you've had many boyfriends this year, I'd say you're anything but shy. Is the real problem here you're afraid he won't like the fact you've had so many boyfriends? And why are people mad at you? Are they judging you because you've dated so many guys?

It's a little hard to answer this without the above answered, but I am gonna give it a shot ... first, let me say this, though ...

It's OK to date many different people. But what you don't want to do is seem cavalier about your dating or carefree. I guess what I am trying to say, is it's really easy to get a bad reputation when you've dated around.

So make sure you're acting respectable and not giving people the wrong impression about who you are.

Maybe ask yourself why you've had so many boyfriends this year. Is it because you don't like to be lonely or you're constantly changing your mind about who/what you like? It could very well be time to step back and sort through this for awhile. Give yourself a respectable 'gap' between boyfriends before going on to the next one ... sort through what you like/are looking for.

Now, regarding this guy: How about letting HIM make the first move. Then you'll know how he feels and won't have to guess. Also, how about just being friends first and figuring out if you WANT to pursue dating him. This might be the way to go and it might even get those around you to ease up a bit.

Just think about it, OK? And let me know what happens!

No comments: