Boy's Lies Are Creeping Me Out

Dear Dee:
I love the site, first off!

Second off, I am having a problem with one of my guy friends. Lets start from the beginning. He started telling the eighth grade guys he hangs out with (we are in seventh grade), and a couple other people we were cousins. We are in different homerooms, but the same math class. I was joking around and said our friendship was over ... but he took it seriously. During class my friend had to go get something out of her locker, and he did too. He told her he liked me, but just a little.

Well, obviously he likes me a little more than a little. He accused me of being the reason he was emo. At study hall one day he was sitting there starring at me, he chases me, and on the last day of school before Christmas break got out he was waiting for me.

Luckily my mom cam in to get me and he backed off. But he has been trying to talk to me and I have been ignoring him and pretending I can't hear him because, well, I don't know why. But my question is, what should I do?

Well, it's a little weird -- him telling people you're related if you're not. And him liking you as more than a friend after he's told people you're related is just --- ewwwwww.

Anyway, ignoring this guy isn't going to get him to back off. So I think you'd better just let him know someone you're not interested -- and you don't appreciate him telling STUPID lies about your relationship -- because yes -- saying you're related has caused others to think you have a 'fake' family relationship. Still EWWWWWW.

If he doesn't leave you alone after you tell him to get lost, then go into the 'ignoring' phase of the plan -- but keep your distance, too. Don't get too close and most definitely be careful. This guy obviously has issues -- apart from the lies, he also is blaming you for his actions emo actions (just a funny tidbit, did you know that EMO comes up as ELMO in the spellcheck? HA HA) . And that's just not cool. So while you're ignoring him, also be aware of what's going on and whether or not he still is following you or hovering.

In fact, I think you might want to go ahead and talk to a school counsellor or the nurse and let them know about the emo thing -- especially if you've noticed he's been cutting or hurting himself in other ways.

Be safe and hey, be smart. Oh and one more thing ... PLEASE tell your friends about the site. Thanks for the compliment! I appreciate it.

No comments: