They Think He's Gross, But I Like Him

Dear Dee:
I like this boy. He is really cute. I want to go out with him. But he's one of my best friends and he likes someone else. We hang out all the time and stuff, and I've even asked him who he likes (it was some other girl who's really annoying). But people will also laugh at me because they think he is gross.

OK. So look ... if you like this guy and you really want to date him, you're just going to have to get over the fact some people are gonna laugh, be opposed to it and will more than likely make fun of you. And don't let it bother you. What they think is trivial at best and in reality extremely unimportant. If you're happy, then go for it!

You already have the groundwork here, since you're friends and you said you have a lot in common. So now figure out whether or not you're willing to compromise that friendship by dating. Because more often than not, friendships are never the same if the dating thing doesn't work out. Are you willing to take that chance?

The fact he says he likes another girl is ... an obstacle, but it can be overcome. Be there for him. If he asks this girl out and she says no, be that shoulder he can cry on and the ear he needs to listen. If they do go out, then do your best to be there, too (even though it will be considerably harder).

There may come a time when you just know it's the right time to tell him ... and then you just do it! Don't be afraid to take the chance.

And hey, thank you very much for giving ME a second chance. Each and every reader means a lot to me ... and I really appreciate you stickin' with me here.

No comments: