Asked Out Thru Email

Dear Dee:
My friend recently emailed me and asked me out. I only like him as a friend.

I haven't replied yet because I don't know what to say. How should I turn him down without hurting his feelings?


There is no way for you to break this to your friend without him getting his feelings hurt a little. But the thing is, your not answering him is probably more painful and awkward than you actually telling him. I know it's difficult, but you've got to step up and tell him the truth.

Tell him you value his friendship, but just don't see the two of you together as a couple. It's just that simple. I always say if you're not able to tell someone straight out yes or no and are worried too much about how they'll respond, you're probably not old enough to be dating. Part of dating is knowing when someone is right/wrong for you and acting accordingly.

Again, talk to him soon and don't leave him hanging.

No comments: