She Lost Her Feelings?

Dear Dee:

I’m afraid my girlfriend is losing her feelings for me. She moved away not too far, to a city with a new family. She is in foster care. I’m afraid to lose her. She is actually my first love. I just haven’t talked to her in a while. I just don’t understand why she hasn’t tried to make any contact with me.


Your long-distance relationship is a little more difficult than most, given your girlfriend’s family situation. Who knows what’s going on in the home or in her life right now?

The thing is, while there is a chance she might still contact you, you’ve got to come to the realization that this just might not work out. You guys are young, and as you stated, she’s kind of your first girlfriend. And while first loves always stay with us, they don’t always last forever.

Try hard to focus on other things and begin healing, knowing this first love was a great experience, you will remember it fondly, but it just didn’t work out because of life circumstances.

And if she does contact you, please give some thought to what’s really working and what you can deal with. Long distance relationships are really, really hard -- and if you bring in some of the issues this girl is facing, it might make it easier for now if you two were just friends. Then take it from there when the time is right.

No comments: