Dear Dee:
I am 15 and going into 10th grade. I have never had a boyfriend. I mean, I have had guys ask me out and we have gone on dates but I never had a real relationship. I feel kind of silly when people ask me about my past relationships and I don't have any to talk about.

There are so many girls much younger than I, and they are way more experienced in dating. My friends tell me not to worry about it and wait. But I feel if I wait I well still be in the same place I am now.

Don't torture yourself over not ever having a boyfriend! Seriously. I actually say good for you! So often we run around talking about our boyfriends and girlfriends when we're not even old enough to know what it means OR actually have real bfs or gfs. So this is a non-issue and don't stress out about it.

I agree with your friends. You'll find a boyfriend when you are ready and when it's actually someone you think you want to have a relationship with. Don't go after a guy just to have a boyfriend. That's never the right way to approach relationships.

Be yourself and have fun. Flirt when you want to. And don't be shy about expressing interest in someone if you're genuinely interested. Just don't spend time dwelling on what will eventually happen. Thinking you'll never have a boyfriend is pretty much the surest way to guarantee you won't have one.

No comments: