I Asked, She Said 'No' ...What Now?

Dear Dee:
I asked this girl out last week and she said no. The thing is, I still really like her. What should I do?

So you have to be really careful here and not come off like a creepy person if you decide to ask her out again.Here’s what you do: I have no idea how her ‘no’ was delivered, whether it was like a ‘no way -- ever’ kind of thing or a ‘no, I’m busy but maybe another time.’

So first, decide in what manner your ‘no’ was delivered. Did it leave an opening for you to ask again?Also, why do you think she said no? Does she not know you well enough or what? Can you start by just trying to have conversations with her and being her friend then build up to another date invite?

The most important thing here is to play it cool, don’t act weird around her and definitely don’t seem overbearing or stalker-ish. Try to figure out if there is potential for her to change her mind, and then act accordingly. If there is, GREAT! Go for it when the time is right. If there’s not, back off and I am sorry to say, move on. There are tons of girls out there, and I am sure there’s one who’d love to date you.

No comments: