When Flirty Is Way Too Friendly

Dear Dee:
I tend to get really flirty with guys. I met this one guy and we flirt and make out like crazy all the time. We're not going out because we are better as friends. I've known him for two years. The first year we weren't so friendly to each other. This summer is the last time I'll see him and I want to make it special. So ... sex. We both want it, but I'm scared to actually do it. He tells me we don't have to but I want to. I really love him and he loves me. So what do I do?


OK. So news flash: You don't have sex with your friends. It's gross, it's too friendly and it's just eeewwwwwwww.

Come on! You know better than that. Just because you want to make this last summer with this guy memorable doesn't mean you have to get naked. It just means you need to have fun, spend time together and enjoy each other's company.

The best way for you to have a memorable summer is to make memories you won't regret -- memories you won't look back on and wish you'd done differently. And having sex for the sake of making a ‘memorable summer' because you're never going to see this guy again is twisted thinking and totally demeans the act itself! You don't have sex with someone you have no future with. Sex is an act of commitment and passion -- one that is shared with someone you are committed to and attached to. Got it?

Don't do yourself the disservice of giving into sex just so he'll remember you. If being with you, having your friendship and love, and spending quality time together isn't enough, then don't try to figure out what more you can give him to remain in his thoughts. Because it's just not worth it.

No comments: