Getting Over Getting Dumped

Dear Dee:
My boyfriend dumped me. I am devastated. I acted like I was glad and I was dumping him anyway. But I wasn't going to and I wasn't glad. I was/am heartbroken.

Now another boy wants to be my boyfriend and I like him and he seems like he would make a really good boyfriend. But I can't seem to get over my other boyfriend who dumped me for another girl (who is really ugly and I can't see why he thinks she is hot).


You most definitely should not jump into a relationship with this other guy when you're still mourning the breakup from your ex. It is not fair to the new guy or to you. Give yourself time to heal.

Take solace in the fact your ex seemed to ‘take a few steps down' in the world when he selected his latest victim and remind yourself DAILY that obviously, he didn't deserve you if he can't see you outshine her 10 to 1. Hey, flatter yourself, OK? You deserve it.

And when you're ready to get back into the dating game, ease into it and don't let your bad experience with your ex make you jinx your new relationship. Just take things slowly and have fun. And remember to try not to break anyone's heart like you've had yours broken.

No comments: