Oops. I Didn't Want to Break Up

Dear Dee:I broke up with this guy and now I'm having second thoughts. Now that I think about it, I didn't even have a reason for breaking up with him. Now I want him back. What should I do?


Well, let this be a lesson to you to not act so hastily next time! Think through your decisions and the consequences of them before you act on them. I am sure at the time you broke up with him, you thought you had good reason. But now that you've had time to rethink it and maybe cool down, you realize it was a mistake. It happens.
If you weren't too cruel to this guy and he still feels the same about you, there is always a chance you can make up with him if you just tell him the truth. Let him know you reacted without thinking and that you miss him. Ask him for a second chance.
If he gives it to you, great! But don't forget the lesson you have learned about thinking before you take drastic action. When our mistakes end up working themselves out to our advantage, sometimes we forget what got us in the mess in the first place. So don't forget!
If he doesn't take you back, it makes your lesson a little more difficult, but nonetheless important. Use this as a guideline for future relationships and other big decisions in your life.
But either way, the first step is to talk to him. Then go from there. (BTW, say you're sorry ... a lot.)

No comments: