He Doesn't Deserve Me, Right?

Dear Dee:

My boyfriend treats me like dirt, after everything I do for him. I wear low-cut shirts for him; I actually do my hair for him!

I ride my bike in 25-degree weather at 7 a.m. just to see him and he blows me off!
He only pays attention to me when he wants to make out or do other things. When we go out, he'll say bye to my parents and not me. What is that about?

Hum. Honey, all the things that you do for your boyfriend, you should be doing for yourself. You shouldn't be dressing sexy for this guy. You shouldn't fix yourself up for this guy.

You should do those things because you're proud of who you are and how you look. You should want to fix yourself up because it makes YOU feel good. Not because this idiot of a boyfriend wants you to.

In doing this, you've given him control over you. Through your actions, you've told him that you don't care how he treats you, and that you're ready and willing to give him what he wants because everything you do, you do for him.
Um, hello. That's not how girls are these days. WE dictate what we do, how we look and whom we date. We also say yes and no to the kissing and other stuff, and we don't have to do it if we don't want to.

It's time you realized you're important. And it's time you take pride in the fact you know who you are and what you deserve. This guy obviously doesn't know how to treat a girl and that HE doesn't make you who you are. You're not just his girlfriend. You're a beautiful, confident girl who has dreams, ambitions and goals, and knows how to find a guy to appreciate all of that.

So my advice to you is tell this guy to shove it and find someone who knows how to treat a lady. And remember, a relationship is two people -- not one, doing everything else the other wants. You call the shots, too. You don't just obey them.

No comments: