Too Many Issues to Handle

Dear Dee:
My parents drink and get falling-down drunk.

I'm gay and my mom always gets on my case about it. She's always yelling. I think my parents are going to divorce. What do I do? I can't just stand and watch and take care of my sisters forever! Help!


It sounds like your family is desperately in need of help beyond what I can give you and what you can do on your own. Please contact someone on one of our family help hotlines and talk it over. It sounds like you're taking on a lot of responsibility that is weighing on you and putting you in a place you're not quite ready to handle.

Also, your parents need help to deal with their addictions and their problems with your sexuality.

It is quite admirable you want to handle this on your own and you are taking on the responsibility of caring for your sisters. But it's a huge burden for you to bear. Please talk to an adult you can trust and get help. I am sorry I can't advise you any further than that.

No comments: