Four Guys, One Girl -- HEART EXPLOSION

Dear Dee:
I have mixed feelings for four guys. I like all of them a lot. Three of them live in the same town as me and go to the same church and the other one I met at camp and I only get to see him there. I don't know what to do. My heart is going to explode!

OK. OK. Please don't let your heart explode. That would just be ... messy. It's not a big deal to like more than one guy. It really isn't! You're allowed to like more than one guy at the same time. Enjoy it, get to know them, and just go with it.

I think where you might be hung up is thinking that you can only date one of them. That's not true ... you can actually go on dates a few times with each of them, and see which fall off the desirable dating list and which guy tops the list. TONS of first dates don't work out, and having a date doesn't all of a sudden mean you're exclusive.

Listen, I am not saying make out with all of them or otherwise act inappropriately. I am saying get to know these guys and see who you really connect with. As you get to know them through dating or through friendships, you'll start figuring out who's more your type and what you're really looking for.

Don't lose heart. And don't be discouraged. This is a good thing. Be smart, treat each with respect, and get to know them. All the rest will fall into place.

No comments: