Broken Up, But Still Have Feelings

Dear Dee:

My boyfriend broke up with me over the phone. Now he is going out with someone else and I still have feelings for him even though I don't let them show. What should I do?


You've gotta just keep on doing what you're doing now. Keep your head up, try not to let him get to you, and move on.

Breaking up is never easy, and most of the time, one person in the couple doesn't want the relationship to end. But we just have to accept it and move on.

Look, he didn't even have the guts to tell you personally -- he called you. So, while you do still have feelings for him, console yourself by knowing you deserve better than that. You deserved to be told face-to-face and given a valid reason.

Since he's already moved on, it's going to hurt awhile to see him with another, but you really will be OK. And you'll find someone better. You really, really will.

No comments: