14 & Going Downhill Fast

Dear Dee:
Well I'm going through the point in my life where everything is going down hill.

I told my best friend something and now she won't even talk to me. I don't know what to do about that. And the biggest problem I am having is my relationships with girls. I just got a girlfriend but it was only because I told my friend I was lonely and she set me up with this girl.

I am only 14 and I need help with these things. Please help me.


I can't imagine what you told your friend to make her not talk to you anymore. It doesn't seem she was a true friend -- as one of the hallmarks of being a great friend is being a listener and confidant. I am very sorry you had to learn her friendship was false in this way, during this time in your life. My advice to you would be to let her go and do your best to move on. The loss of her friendship is a blow, but at least you now know where she stands. I am very sorry.

And your friend set you up ... so what! That happens all the time. If you and the girl click, then great! Don't belittle your relationship just because you got a jump start from someone else's introduction. If you like her and she likes you then that's all that matters. So enjoy it! Have fun, make friends and enjoy this time in your life.

At 14, life has its ups and downs. So don't give up and lose hope. You've found out a few crappy things and you've been betrayed by a friend. This sucks, but it will get better. It really will. Believe it and don't lose hope.

No comments: