Backstabbing Friend Asks Forgiveness

Dear Dee:
I have a friend who I thought I could trust, but she turned around and talked crap about me. She wants me to forgive her. But I don't know if I should or not.

I don't want to be friends with her if I can't trust her! It's a hard choice.

Back-stabbing friends suck. Yeah, there's just nothing more to say, is there ... except when one of those friends apologizes and wants to make it up to you.

Do you trust her again? Well, there are a few things to think about here. How much does your friendship mean to you? Is she like BFF-quality or is it more of a friend you just say is your friend but never really do anything with?

What's her track record? Do you catch her in lies all the time? Do you think she really regrets talking behind your back and does she mean her apology?

Answer these questions, then decide. And if you do let her back into your circle of friends, it would be wise to kind of test the waters and guard yourself a little. Don't immediately start pouring out your secrets and your heart to her. ... See if she's genuine this time around.

No comments: