Possibly Pregnant & Totally Screwed Up

Dear Dee:
Some of my friends told me that you knew how to give advice on being pregnant. My boyfriend and I have been going out a few months and, well, I've skipped my period. I think I am pregnant and the thing is I don't really care if I am.I know I can just have the baby and my parents will take care of it.

I figure it will just hold up my social life for a couple months, but then all should be back to normal. So, is there anything special I should know about being pregnant?


Hey, hold on a minute ... I have to go do something before I finish responding ... be right back ...

OK back now I had to go check my rule book to make sure I can actually say what I am going to say ...and it says go for it. So before I do, know that I write this in love and compassion, because I care.

... ... WAKE UP SILLY, FOOLISH GIRL. Who the heck do you think you are talking about a baby as casually as you would about which outfit you're going to wear on a date?

I don't even know you, and in the brief, two paragraphs you wrote me, I feel like I have you pegged: You sound selfish, unfeeling, totally irresponsible and outright ridiculous. It is girls like you who have children, leave others to raise them and wonder why those kids end up in jail, dead or so screwed up they spend more than half their lives in therapy.

So, first off take a pregnancy test. If you're not pregnant, no one will be happier for you than me. If you are, take it seriously and talk to someone you trust immediately to get some help -- you need a reality check and while I'd be happy to give you one, my little tongue lashing on this blog I am sure isn't going to be enough.
So try one of our hotlines or sit down with a responsible adult.

I really do wish you the best and hope you can straighten up to make strong, healthy decisions -- decisions you won't regret in the future and decisions that won't screw you or your possible child up.


By the way, if you're not too pissed right now, tell your friend I said 'thanks' for the reference. The reason she told you to talk to me was probably because she read MY Teen Pregnancy Story... Yes, I was a teen mom. So, I do know all about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i bet this bitch is a blonde cheerleader