She's Taken, Should I Share My Feelings?

Dear Dee:
I'm a sophomore in high school, and I really like this junior. But she just thinks of me as a friend AND she's dating a freshman in college.

I don't really know how their relationship is going, but I feel like I can't keep my feelings quiet much longer or I will lose my mind. What should I do?


What you should do is exactly what you would want someone else to do if you were in a relationship and that person was crushin' on your girl -- you should respect their relationship.

Should you tell her about your feelings? That's a tough one. I would fear it would make your friendship a little weird if she didn't return them. This is one of those times when you really need to think it through and decide whether it's more important for you to keep her as a friend while she's involved with this other guy or whether it's more important to unload your feelings to ease your pain.


Which one gives you a better chance with her should her current relationship end? In my mind, waiting until the time is right and she is free is the best time to spill it ... but you know her and your relationship best.

Continue to be a friend. Continue to be there for her and show her what a great guy you are. You say she only thinks of you as a friend now, but she is in another relationship. That might change when/if she's free and you're able to show her what a fantastic guy you are.

It's difficult, I know. But you'll either realize she's the gal for you or you'll come to figure out it's time to move on. Either way, biding your time is the best choice.

Good luck.


No comments: