What's Right When Feelings Are Involved

Dear Dee:
I'm starting to have feelings for this guy. He's nice, sweet and I think I like him a lot. But he has a girlfriend. I want to tell him I like him but I don't want to ruin the relationship he has now. I am really bummed out. What should I do?


If this guy's already in a relationship, the best thing to do is wait it out. How would you feel if someone came up to him and shared all these feelings while YOU were dating him? You wouldn't like it. So be considerate and respect the relationship he now has.

Don't worry. Your time will probably come, and you'll be able to tell him and see if he's receptive. But right now is not the time. Get to know him and become his friend, but don't infringe upon his dating relationship. Use this time to make sure you're feelings are real. Then, when the time is right and he's available again, go for it.

Remember, good things come to those who wait ... and those who do things the right way.

No comments: