Everyone Cusses & Fights

Dear Dee:
My school is so crazy. They cuss every other word and everyone fights. Now, seven girls want to jump me just because I was trying to make sure my friend didn't get jumped by them. She was getting cussed out and threatened so I gr abed her arm and pulled her away.


OK. This, we just don't mess with. You've got to tell an adult you trust right away as you are in danger! Seriously. You've really, really gotta get some help.

Now, I do really want to give you props for pulling your friend out of the path of danger. Very, very impressive. I also applaud you for having the decency to be disgusted by the talk of those cussers!

Cussing is stupid. It shows a lack class, tact and creativity. While many think cussing adds 'color' to a conversation, it actually just dampens it by adding vulgarity and crass undertones. I mean, anyone can insert a cussword into a conversation -- but to choose words that express your true emotion or the true meaning of what you're trying to say? That takes skill.

So, keep your talk clean, do all you can to stay out of the fighting fray and continue to be a great friend.

No comments: