Who'd Ever Love Me?

Dear Dee:
My mom says because I'm a good person, I will find someone who will love me for being me.

Sadly that is not the case. I feel as though I'm never going to find someone who would like, let alone love, a 17-year-old fat chick, Anime fanatic, poet, and Atavist volunteer.

I just wish that for once my dream story came true. So can you help me with some of your advice?


So first, you've got to work on your attitude and realize that while you're not perfect (and who is?) you have a lot to offer the RIGHT guy, who will show up at the RIGHT time in your life. You've also got to work on how you see/perceive yourself. Don't wait around for some guy to show you that you're worthy of attention and happiness. Convince yourself of that fact first. And if there is an area in your life that is making you unhappy, CHANGE IT! You have that power! And you have to make those changes for yourself.

Don't think that because love hasn't hit you square in the face at 17, you'll never, ever find it. Also realize there isn't a list of predetermined hobbies or interests you have to have in order to find a guy. Just like us, guys come in all shapes, sizes and with all types of interests. So be true to what interests you. Don't change.

And as any true romantic will tell you, love hits you when you least expect it -- not when you're sitting around moping about not having it.

No comments: