Ex Pot-head Speaks Out

Dear Dee:
I am a 51-year-old father of four children and have six grandchildren. I have some advice for people who are potheads.

I was a pot head for 20 years and quit. I have been clean for 13 years now and am glad I quit. I almost lost my wife, my family and my profession for a stinkin' BUZZ.

The pot use took almost 75 percent of my memory and it has taken 13 years to get back 60 percent of it. I really don't know if I WILL EVER BE NORMAL AGAIN.

The effect of chronic pot use is now tied to early dementia. And who knows what else it does to your brain.

Please tell the young people of this generation that it is not worth it.


Sir, we really thank you for giving us some real-life perspective on this. We all wish you the best and admire you for being able to pull yourself out of a destructive habit. We're thankful you realized the consequences and quit when you did. While what you're describing is horrible, we do realize it could've been much worse. We're so glad you're still here with us to warn us.

Thanks!
Dee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is not true! Never heard this. Nothing to back it up. Point to one scholarly article that states this. This mans memory probably went with age, just like people who have never smoked pot a day in their life. I would recommend Omega 3s to help with that. This is an article pointing to a scholarly article that hypothesize that marijuana might actually help with dementia. http://healthycuriousity.blogspot.com/2008/11/marijuana-and-dementia.html