Friends Don't Let Friends Fight

Dear Dee:
I am 14. I have a normal life at school but I am not used to, and don't like fighting. My friends will tell me they've gotten into a fight with another friend and I always end up in the middle of it. What should I do?


There are a lot of people out there who can't stand conflict and do their best to avoid it. But somehow always end up in the middle of it.

Where your friends are concerned, if they're constantly bickering and trying to pull you into the middle of it, let them know they are BOTH important to you and you are BOTH their friends. Don't let them make you choose sides when you don't want to.

Now if your friends are seriously constantly fighting, it might be a good idea for you to spend time with them separately. Maybe the three of you as friends just aren't compatible. Some time apart as a group might shed some light on this.


Look, since you didn't tell me what they seem to find about, only you know if their bickering is warranted. If it's not, then maybe you just need to tell your friends to grow up and learn how to be true friends.

Sometimes, all it takes to resolve a stupid fight is a voice of reason. And that voice could be yours.

No comments: